Monday, November 11, 2013

Shakeology Pumpkin Protein Bars

I'm always looking for some new and interesting HEALTHY recipe ideas - and we all know my LOVE of pumpkin!  So I found a recipe for these pumpkin bars, and shook up the recipe a bit to better suit my likings and came up with these Shakeology Pumpkin Protein Bars!

These bars have 94 calories, 2 grams of sugar, 7 grams of protein and only 14 grams of carbs.


Ingredients...
3 egg whites
1.5 cups uncooked old-fashioned oats
2 scoops Vanilla Shakeology
tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 cup pumpkin

What to Do...
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Pour batter into a greased 8x8 baking square.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Once they cool, cut into 9 squares.

Voila!  Matty was my tester for these bars.  And he really liked the crust, but said that he would have preferred if there was "more in it" for more taste.  Next time, I'm going to add dried cranberries and possibly walnuts too!


Until Next Time...








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment