Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Transformation Tuesday... My Story

If you've only met me in the past few years, you've watched my obsession with my weight, and possibly thought, although she has had periods where has a little heavier, she doesn't really know what it's like to truly be obese.  There are very few pictures of my from my pre-teen and teen years out there - and often when I'm tagged, I un-tag myself because I'm embarrassed of what I looked like years before.  So for those of you who have my as your Beachbody coach, and wonder if I really know what it's like to have to lose a large amount of weight - let me tell you, the answer is astoundingly YES!.  These two pictures of me were taken about 10 years apart.  The picture on the left shows me after I had dropped a good 15 or so pounds to squeeze into that size 18 dress.  On the right, I'm rocking a pair of size 6 pants!  

See, I've been on every healthy (and unhealthy) "diet" plan that there is out there.  I can probably recite the rules to most of them to you still to this very day.  From the Cabbage Soup Diet, to South Beach, to 6 Week, to Atkins... I've done it all, and that's just in the "healthy" range.  My obsession for perfection (along with some other factors) lead me to a battle with bulimia I wouldn't wish I my worst enemy, and bouts of depression I've dealt with in my past (both postpartum and non) left me in moments where my hatred towards myself and my body got to absurd levels.

But I have to tell you, it's once you learn to stop "obsessing" about the number on the scale, and start focusing on getting HEALTHY that the real work can begin.  If you are hungry, EAT.  Just choose wisely.  Hunger is your body telling you that it needs fuel, but it's not telling you that you need cupcakes.  Exercise is a great for your health - endorphins help boost your mood, and helps keep your heart healthy.  But if your filling your body with junk it doesn't really mean anything. 

If you're looking for someone to help get you to the place of being "stick thin" then I'm sorry, but I am not the coach for you.  Unless that is your body's natural body type and your body has an incredibly low set weight point you're going to be fighting an intensely difficult battle all your life to stay there.  BUT, if you're looking for someone to help you become your best self, healthy, strong, and happy - then I'm your gal.  Strong is the NEW Skinny."

To sign up to have me as your coach click on the Free Membership HERE.  Or message me on Facebook HERE and I'll help you move forward on your Health Journey!
And if your ready to take that first step - I'll be starting my NEXT Challenge Group on November 25th.  This will be a virtual Facebook Group (a secret group where nobody but participants can see) where we will talk daily about our workouts, food choices, and general ups and downs in our day to day lives as we tackle Shaun T's Focus T25.  Time is not an excuse in this workout - everyone can find 25 minutes to workout!
Until Next Time...








Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment