Friday, August 23, 2013

Just Breathe...


So today was one of those mornings where I was truly a "bitch on wheels."  I got a new computer last night which wasn't working for me this morning, I didn't wake up early enough so I only got half my workouts in, and I really just wanted to go back to bed since I was up part of the night with a stomachache.  However, that was not in the cards for this Momma today, who had to drive the minions 45 minutes away to Horse Riding Camp today.  Since camp is so far away and only for 2.5 hours I just drove around (and got my nails done) while I was waiting for it to end.  However, on my journey I found this beautiful picturesque spot that made me just have to pull over.  I stood overlooking the water, took a few deep breaths, and tried to be thankful for everything I do have in my life - rather then focus on the stuff that was really pissing me off at the moment.  Then I continued on my way for a little bit of retail therapy...


See if I wanted to be honest, its the vacation weight gain that is really causing me to be a bit, shall we say, snotty?  I know it's less then 10 pounds I've put on since the beginning of the summer, a summer which included longer work days, Disney, the shore, parties, BBQs, not to mention the boys both being home from school.  But I'm angry with myself and fearful that I won't be able to get it off.  Why?  I wish I knew the answer to that - Lord knows I've been able to do it before!  But for some reason, the fear is really building in me and causing me to be quite a "fun" character to be around. 

At any rate, on my drive I found this very cute little health store.  It was kinda "granola" - all organic and natural stuff and LOTS of homeopathic type things.  But a few of my friends have been swearing by assorted essential oils lately, so I figured what the heck, it's not like my mood can get any worse, right?  And so I bought myself a couple of these goodies.  Both the Yoga Mist and Cool Hottie have Lavender in them - I'm not 100% sure what lavender does but I figure, that's the oil that they all seem to be swearing by, so I might as well join in.  I love the scent - I feel kinda hippie but I'm going to keep giving them a try while I'm all wound up.  It can't hurt right?  I'll keep you all updated!
Until the Next Time...


No comments:

Post a Comment