Saturday, August 17, 2013

Welcome to My Life...

There comes a time in everyone's life when they decide it's time to make some major decisions in his or her life.  For me, I've come to a point where I've decided I want to start sharing my knowledge about getting healthy and fit (not necessarily "skinny" but healthy) with those who are interested in learning from me and my life.  

Why should you listen to me?  Well honestly, I can't promise you a quick fix - but I can promise you that you'll learn more and have a better understanding of REAL solutions, not quick fixes like crash diets, diet pills, or worse.  I've dealt with my weight fluctuating in huge swings both up and down.  I was a big kid and later obese through my teenage years (weighing more then 230 pounds at age 18).
I later wound up developing an eating disorder that I suffered with for more then 10 years before getting the help that I needed to get myself healthy and in check.  After getting myself into a good place in my recovery from Bulimia, I was even featured on the Tiger Schulmann's Martial Arts Website to talk about how I've gotten myself together.

I'm also a real person.  I am a 31 year old married woman.  I have two wonderful (though incredibly loud and energetic) boys ages 5 & 6.  I am also a co-director at a preschool.  I am lucky that my husband is willing to be with the boys in the evenings so that I can train in MMA most evenings.  However, in order to workout at any other time in the day I've had to learn to be creative.  I wake up at 5 am in order to get my run in before my family is even awake for the day.  Then any workout programs I'm doing during the day (right now I'm using the Beachbody T25 program) is done in the house while the children are engaged in other activities around the house - often a craft I've set up for them, or "reading time" or something of the like.

As a result of my dedication and desire to be happier with what I see in the mirror I've been able to really get myself in better shape.  In less then four months I've been able to perform the following transformation (of course I've been a big fan of the tanning bed obviously as well...).


And so I hope you will follow me on my journey - and share yours as well.  I look forward to all the wonderful adventures that are about to come my way, and yours.

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment