Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fun Weekend Outings

Often when people are looking for something to do with their children, or somewhere to go for a couple hours it often revolves around food.  We live in a society where food is such a focal point in our day to day lives, it makes sense.  Even when my husband and I plan a "date night" if usually involves food at some point (and often some form of MMA too, but that's a whole different story...). 
But this past weekend since it was pretty nice I wanted to get the family out and moving around.  So I planned an exciting weekend of activities - complete with family time as well as "date" time. 

Friday as soon as the boys got home from school I took them apple picking!  Since my husband is a VP at a high school he was able to be home early enough to come along.  Taking the boys out to a small farm and having them wal

k around the orchard looking for "perfect" apples was a fun activity that got them moving and shaking - and also super excited about their perfect apples that they picked.  Let me tell you, they want to eat those things nonstop right now!

Then on Saturday, we decided to take the minions to LEGOLAND in Yonkers, NY.  This past summer we went to the one in Florida, but since there was a Star Wars theme this weekend, we thought we'd go check it out.  It was a really fun time walking around in there.  The little minion was too scared to go on the ride when you first got there, but the big one and I rode it.  The structures there built were amazing!  I was seriously in awe.  And because it's an indoor place (think Crayola Factory) there was a giant climbing apparatus the boys had a blast playing in. 

As for the highlight of my time there - one of the Storm Troopers was walking around and I really wanted to take a picture with him - but I get so embarrassed about things like that, so after two attempts I actually asked him to not only take a picture with me, but asked if I could hold his gun during the picture as well!  I LOVE THIS PICTURE!  And even better, rather then just having junk there to purchase for the boys to eat, (since you couldn't bring your own food in) the concession stand had sandwiches on whole wheat rolls, apple slices, and water as some of the options for people to choose from for their meals.  How cool is that!

Now only Sunday.  Sunday was my husband and my "date" afternoon.  However, rather then hang out just by ourselves, some of our friends came out with us for a really entertaining afternoon of paintballing.  At first, I'm not going to lie - I was pretty hesitant.  But after a few hours (I think we played for like 4 hours) I was running all over the place shooting like it was going out of style!  It was so much fun and a fantastic way to spend some time with my super supportive hubby - who puts up with all my craziness, all of the time. 

So as you can see, this weekend was incredibly jammed pack with so much fun I need another weekend just to recover from the AWESOMENESS!  And more importantly, I was able to have an entire weekend of pure entertainment without any of it focusing around food.... well apple picking doesn't count! 




Until Next Time...




No comments:

Post a Comment