Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Healthy, Yummy, Pumpkin Cake!

It's Pumpkin Season... Pumpkin coffee, fraps, pie muffins, donuts, cakes, etc. But let's be real, they're not exactly good for you.  That doesn't mean I don't start craving it the minute the leaves start changing colors.  So when I stumbled across this recipe at one of my minion's cooking classes I figured, why not give it a try.  And I am IN LOVE with it!  It's moist and delicious!
 
This Pumpkin Cake recipe has eliminated the eggs and oil making it a wonderful breakfast treat or healthier dessert option. 
 
Pumpkin Loaf Cake

 Ingredients:
1 package yellow cake mix (look for one without hydrogenated oils)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
dark chocolate chips as desired (for both in cake and on top)
Directions:
Prehead oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients until smooth.
Pour mixture into loaf pan.
Sprinkle top with additional dark chocolate chips.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
 
Go Ahead, bake it!  You'll want to thank me for this one, I'm sure!

Until Next Time...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment