Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Noodles...

Okay so for some reason I had a serious craving for pasta.  But pasta isn't exactly on my meal plan and I was sorta at a loss - especially because I'm still not really eating any meat.  HOWEVER, while I was looking at the vegetarian versions of "meat" at the supermarket last night I came across Pasta Zero Plus by Nasoya and figured for 15 calories in 2/3 of a cup (or 30 calories for the whole bag) what the heck.

Now I'm not going to lie, the noodles had a slightly odd smell when I was rinsing them off before cooking them up in a pan, but I still wanted to give them a go.  And so, now presenting:

Kim's Noodle and Veggie Creation...

Ingredients:
Bag (1 1/3 c) Pasta Zero Plus Spaghetti
1/2 tomato chopped
1 tbsp. pumpkin seeds
1/2 avocado - cut up into cubes

Directions:
Drain and rinse noodles
Throw into a pan (sprayed with PAM)
Cook up until the appearance of being slightly "crispy"
Add in pumpkin seeds and tomato
Take off heat and let sit for a few minutes
Add in avocado

I'm not going to say it was the best meal I've ever eaten - but it did satisfy my need for noodles.  BUT, next time I'mna make some kinda sauce outta my tomatoes to really give it the pasta feel!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment