Friday, October 25, 2013

Peanut Butter Protein Muffins

I LOVE baking - and I've got to say I've found some amazing recipes on Instagram - one of my favorite Insta people to follow for healthy recipes is instagramfitnessmeals.  If you are on Instagram, and aren't following them, you need to check it out!

Today I'm sharing their Peanut Butter Protein Muffins with a few changes that I made to the recipe...

Ingredients...
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 c old-fashioned oats
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp fine salt
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Skippy PB with dark chocolate)
1/4 c honey
2 tbsp. dark brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 c fat free Greek yogurt

Directions...
Whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.  Set aside.
In another bowl, stir together the applesauce and the peanut butter.
Mix in the honey, sugar, egg, and vanilla, and then stir in the yogurt.
Slowly add in the dry ingredients to the wet ones.
Drop into 12 lined and greased muffin tin spots.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Allow to completely cool.
Store in an air tight container!

My muffins came out to be 160 calories with 6g fat, 5g, protein, and 23g carbs.

Until Next Time...





No comments:

Post a Comment